Monday, January 19, 2015

Fayetteville, WV



I took a little walk around Fayetteville Saturday morning.  I wasn't looking for anything in particular to photograph, as per the advice of Jay Maisel.  He made a short video with a couple of tips on how to become a better photographer.  You can watch the video here.  He said (I'm paraphrasing) "be open, walk slower and don't try to obey all of photography's rules.  Just photograph what interests you".  That's what I do most of the time anyway.  I like these two photos, especially the "for rent" sign.  The colors and the lines and angles caught my eye.  The thing that interests me about the photo of the old Fayette theater is the amount of overhead wires criss crossing the area.  I didn't pay much attention to them until I saw the photo.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger