Thursday, July 9, 2015

Perfect Timing











It's been another long period between posts.  We've been pretty busy since the 4th of June.  My wife and I both retired in June and we were at my retirement party when we found out my father-in-law had had a massive stroke and was in ICU on a ventilator in Beaufort, SC.  We left the party and drove straight to Beaufort.  He was in the hospital there 27 days.  Now he's back here with us in WV at a rehab facility where he's making good progress toward recovery.  These are some photos I made in and around Beaufort Memorial Hospital while we were there, and we were there a lot.  As you can tell from some of the photos, there can still be happiness amidst sometimes unbearable sadness.

1 comment:

Nancy Vance said...

Sorry for your troubles, but as usual, beautiful photos. Will be thinking of you...elder care is bittersweet, to say the least.

Powered By Blogger